May 23 2022
Have you recently visited a website? Do you remember anything about it? We bet that you remember only a bit about the content and graphic design of that website and more about your experience. The user experience (UX) of the website design focuses on the same factors. UX design is the backbone of any website.
Hintt, the top web design company in Liverpool, has brought you a blog that will tell you the most about UX design, how it helps to improve the conversion rate of the website and tips to improve website conversion rate through UX design.
User Experience (UX) design is the combination of tactics and elements of the website that focus on offering a good experience to the users. The purpose of UX design is to fulfil the needs of the users. If your users are happy, they will tend to stay on your website and take favourable action. The best way to identify that your UX design is on point is by finding the answers to these simple questions:
If the answers to these questions are not up to the mark, you should start working on your UX design immediately.
By focusing on your users and their needs, you can improve your website's conversion rate. And that also can be done by improving UX design. Here are 12 UX design actionable tips for improving website conversion rate:
1. Work on the Page Loading Time: Today, when people have no time and want to find the solution to their problems as soon as possible, it is important for websites to work on the loading speed. Some websites, while focusing on UX design, neglect the loading time. But if the website is taking more time to load, the user would not like to stay on it. At this point, even UX design wouldn't be able to prevent them from leaving. And when they leave, your website will miss the chance to convert them. Here, everything is interrelated.
So, how to improve the loading time while considering conversion rate and UX design? As per a study conducted in 2016, 40% of users refuse to stay on a website that takes more than 3 seconds to load. If your website takes more time than this, you should focus on improving it. You must focus on providing the best user experience with a well-optimised website when it comes to conversion rate.
2. Content Optimisation and Visibility: "Content is the King"- You must have heard it everywhere. It should be up to date and optimised as per the readers. And let us share a reality with you, not every visitor or user reads much of the content; they just skim through the website content and focus on the content that seems interesting to them. If your content isn't comprehensive enough or it will not provide a valuable answer to them, they will leave your site.
Whenever you develop the website UX design, focus on optimising the content accordingly. You must offer the content with an appropriate title and white space around it. It will increase the user's attention and offer a better user experience as they will be able to differentiate between 2 content pieces. However, you must create a balance between information and white space. A balanced website will offer a better click-through rate and increase the website's conversion.
3. CTA Button Design and Placement: CTA means Call to Action. CTA could solve the issue whenever you want your users to take a specific action on your website. It influences the customer's UX. However, if the CTA is difficult to find, read or click, it will negatively impact the User experience and conversion. So, firstly, you must add the CTA button in the UX design, and secondly, focus on its placement and design.
The best colour for the CTA button is something that matches the brand's colour scheme and doesn't leave a negative impact. Its colour should be contrasting and visible so that users can easily find it. The CTA's content should be appropriate. There should be CTA headlines and buttons that help users to understand what they are signing for. The great and optimised content of the CTA will improve the opportunity for improving conversion rate. The headlines of the CTA should create urgency and scarcity because most users are likely to pull the trigger and convert.
Overall, the CTA button should be offered at the beginning, centre and end. It will improve your website's conversion, revenue, profits and engagement. Its design should depend on your website's overall design to build symmetry. So, add a CTA button and let it work as your website's UX game-changer.
4. Using Original and High-Quality images: In your website's UX design, always use high-quality, optimised and original images. It will make your online property appealing. When many websites use stock photos, you should stay away from them. They will make your website look cheap, as stock images are easy to find. It will look like you haven't put much effort while building your website. However, if you are still willing to add stock images, focus on the authentic ones.
Original images will draw more visitors. Also, they should be of high quality, as users and search engines pay attention to every single element of your website. If your website looks unique and solves the purpose of SEO and user needs, its conversion rate will improve by itself.
5. Easy and Clear Steps for checkouts: In the era in which most businesses are selling their products online, there are many debates on which out of single-steps and multiple-steps checkout system is the best. The truth is that both single page and multiple page steps work amazingly, but they should be easy to understand and clear. If you want to improve your website's conversion rate, you must make the checkouts clear and simple in your UX design. If you can offer the solution on a single page, go for it; otherwise, multiple pages could be your alternative.
6. Right Animation or Transition durations: Many websites focus on adding creativity to their pages through Animations. And it is a very effective tool when it comes to drawing the attention of the users and controlling their focus. However, if the animations have the wrong placements and run at the wrong speeds, it can create huge distractions.
According to the best Web design company in Liverpool, when you are adding animations or transitions to your website, always focus on their duration. They should be slow enough to be noticed and quick enough to not let users wait. You must focus on the size of the moving objects. Also, add the right animation in the right place.
7. Proper navigation Sitemap is required: Based on research conducted by Hintt, the web design agency in UK, by working on the website's navigation or sitemap, you can improve your website's conversion rate by 19.2%. There must be thousands of merchant sites dealing with the same kind of products or services as yours. And you have to focus on making your website better so that your target audience prefers sticking to you. For that, you must focus on your website's navigation.
The ideal navigation of the website and sitemap should be clean and simple. Each and every page should be quick to locate for the users. Whenever optimising the website, you should think about what your customers look for in your website and increase their visibility. Then, focus on the pages with other priority rates. You must add the navigation icon on each page, from which users can reach anywhere they want to within your website.
8. Create Autocomplete and Search Suggestion functionality: One of the most effective through neglected techniques to improve your website's UX and conversion rate is by adding drop-down or autocomplete suggestions. This will help the users find the relevant terms on your website and reduce their time. After all, users love when their tasks can be performed easily.
Autocomplete will also help the users to be taken directly to search results. It will improve the overall feedback of the website and allow you to convert them easily.
9. Include Social Proof: Social proof makes your website more trustworthy. And when your users find that other people also trust your website, they would be more likely to stick with you. When they stick with you, your conversion rate will improve. Here, you can add the reviews and feedback of your past clients. If anyone has shared their images while using your product or service, add the same on your website. Here, you can also choose the popup to display social proof on each page. You can also find a Web Development Company in UK for how to add Social Proof to your website. They will guide you step by step.
10. Test your website regularly: It is always better to be on the safer side. And for this, you must Test your website regularly. It will help you solve any problem or get rid of a bug before it starts impacting your website's conversion rate. If you think anything in your UX design negatively impacts the users, remove it. While doing so, always check the user's feedback as they can tell you the most about your website and then you can proceed with testing. The most effective tests for the website are:
Mobile responsiveness test
With the results, you can identify the glitches and focus on improving them.
11. Catch 404 Errors: 404 errors are very common on websites. If your users land the 404 error, they will tend to leave your website. Luckily, these errors are not unnoticeable, and you can tackle them easily.
The first step to tackling them is to find them. You can personalise the error messages so that users can find them more appealing. You can even add relevant and pleasing images on the error pages to reduce annoyingness. It is the alternate solution till you are working on correcting the 404 Errors. If you can't solve this issue yourself, simply ask the website development company in UK for help.
12. Ensure that your website has higher readability: Adding the right text to the website is not enough; you must also focus on text size, spacing and quality. To improve the conversion rate, users need to understand your content and consume it properly. When users see a lot of text, font colours and other options, they become overwhelmed and unable to take the right action. Therefore, it is important to offer a simple and clear message that reaches the users directly by using text or font symmetry throughout.
To improve the conversion rate, you must add different amounts of content to sales pages and content pages. Pages that focus on sales should have well written and compelling content that grabs users' attention and prevents them from leaving. On the other hand, the content pages should focus more on SEO and user engagement. They should not always focus on driving conversion.
The user experience of your website design is the best way to improve the overall conversion rate. It is not about just offering useful information to users but maintaining engagement and a pleasant environment when users are on your website. No matter how amazing your products and services are, they will never be enough if they are not grabbing users' attention. Therefore, always invest time in creating an engaging website design. We guarantee that your focus on improving user experience and website design can generate more traffic and increase conversion rates.
Hintt is a web development and web design agency in UK. Let us know if these tips worked for you or not. And in case you need some professional help, feel free to contact us.